Wednesday, April 29, 2015

Saratogian

I just wanted to write a short post about my local newspaper. Because I'm 22, I like to read my news online. If an actual paper was around of corse I would read it, but I moved to Gansevoort and we don't get it. I like to read the police blotter mostly, but the saratogian online app doesn't have the current police blotter... last time they updated it was I think in February. So I switched to view the desktop site. Then an add popped up. I didn't read it...I hit no thanks. I go to click on the saratoga crime page...an add pops up I hit no thanks. It brings me back to the home page.  I click on some robbery thing I see on the home page... an add pops up. It reads
"Your 30 day free article limit has been reached, please sign up to read this article"
NO THANKS!
Does every town/newspaper make you pay to find out what is happening in your community? If I'm a young person wanting to be informed I have to pay for that?... I swear everything is about the dollar these days. Not about community or news.
My blog will always be free. If you need a good read. Sorry I can't inform you who robbed your local piggilly wiggly. I no longer have access to that information.
THANKS SARATOGIAN

No comments:

Post a Comment

Speak